Riverford delivered the most beautiful bunch of young carrots yesterday. The tops were so healthy and green I couldn’t resist having a carrot bonanza! Fresh young organic carrots dipped in a dip of their own tops … yum! Here’s how I made it …
- a handful of almonds (or any other nuts)
- a bunch of fresh carrot tops – remove big stalks
- juice of 1 or 2 lemons
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- crushed garlic (optional)
- a handful of basil (or any other herb)
- I soaked a handful of almonds overnight in filtered water with a splash of cider vinegar (this helps remove the natural toxins in nuts).
- In the morning, I drained and rinsed the almonds then blitzed them in my Nutribullet with the sea salt and lemon juice
- I stuffed in the carrot tops a handful at a time and blitzed them with a good glug of olive oil and a little water to loosen the texture.
- Finally I added the garlic and basil and blitzed to a smooth paste.
- Serve as a dip with raw veg or stir through pasta and risotto. I even make a salad dressing from it … just add vinegar and olive oil to taste.
You must be logged in to post a comment.