This lunch (or dinner with rice) ticks lots of trendy boxes! For a start, not one ingredient came from a supermarket. It’s 100% organic and vegan. It’s also really simple to make … here’s how:
- Empty a can of organic coconut milk into a large pan (check the ingredients of non-organic versions for emulsifiers and preservatives). You can add water if making soup.
- Grate in some organic turmeric root, ginger root and two cloves of organic garlic. These three ingredients are natural chelators of toxicity – they bond to chemicals to make them safe for removal from our body. That’s why it’s important to buy them organic. I get mine at Down to Earth in Dorchester (from Riverford). Optional: fresh or dried chilli
- Add a sliced onion or leek and bring these ingredients to a simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the cauliflower cut into small florets and any other vegetables you fancy (I’ve added a red pepper). You could add potato or sweet potato for a more substantial meal. I get all my veg from Riverford. Organic veg not only tastes better it is proven to be higher in nutrition.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and then add the chick peas. Buying these in a glass jar means you avoid the BPA-lined metal cans – these chick peas also taste really good. I get these in Down to Earth, Dorchester too.
- Simmer until the veg is cooked.