These flatbreads are great for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Ideal if you’re cutting out wheat, gluten and/or grains, this recipe uses coconut flour and arrowroot powder. They can also be made with a linseed ‘egg’ – this makes the flatbread hold together so well you can roll it as a wrap. Linseeds add extra texture and nutrition too.
These flatbreads work really well with smoked salmon & avocado or bacon & tomatoes, mushrooms, etc. You can take them with you too – add some hummus and salad for a quick packed lunch.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 egg (or a linseed ‘egg’ – see below)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C.
- If using a linseed egg, soak 1tbsp of linseeds in 2tbsp of water while you prepare the rest of the ingredients or until it becomes gloopy. Then blitz it in a NutriBullet, spice grinder or blender.
- If using a hen’s egg, beat the egg in a large bowl, add the sea salt, lemon juice, olive oil and water – mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix into a ball.
- Roll out to about 1/2 cm thickness between two sheets of baking paper
- Bake on one of the sheets for about ten minutes or until the edges are golden and the bread is firm to the touch.
You must be logged in to post a comment.