These flatbreads are great for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Ideal if you’re cutting out wheat, gluten and/or grains, this recipe uses coconut flour and arrowroot powder. They can also be made with a linseed ‘egg’ – this makes the flatbread hold together so well you can roll it as a wrap. Linseeds add extra texture and nutrition too.
These flatbreads work really well with smoked salmon & avocado or bacon & tomatoes, mushrooms, etc. You can take them with you too – add some hummus and salad for a quick packed lunch.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 egg (or a linseed ‘egg’ – see below)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C.
- If using a linseed egg, soak 1tbsp of linseeds in 2tbsp of water while you prepare the rest of the ingredients or until it becomes gloopy. Then blitz it in a NutriBullet, spice grinder or blender.
- If using a hen’s egg, beat the egg in a large bowl, add the sea salt, lemon juice, olive oil and water – mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix into a ball.
- Roll out to about 1/2 cm thickness between two sheets of baking paper
- Bake on one of the sheets for about ten minutes or until the edges are golden and the bread is firm to the touch.