I’m always on the look out for snacks or sweet treats which are nutritional – something I can grab to eat which fills a gap or have with a cup of my favourite earl grey – and know there’s only good ingredients. I’m hooked on this recipe at the moment – big thanks to the Civilised Cavemen for this inspiration! I’ve even served one with garden raspberries and goats yoghurt on top as a dessert and everyone’s enjoyed them.
You will need:
- 3 large or 4 small ripe bananas
- 4 free-range eggs
- 140g almond butter (I make mine in a Nutribullet with 140g whole almonds + a dessert spoon of coconut oil)
- 4 heaped dessert spoons of coconut oil (+ some for greasing the tray)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder (I use Doves Farm)
- a heaped teaspoon of cinnamon (buy true cinnamon, not cassia bark – it doesn’t have the same health properties. You can find true cinnamon here.)
- a pinch of sea salt
- 75g coconut flour
- handful of walnut pieces (optional – or use any nut you like)
I make my muffins in my very ancient (but still going strong) Magimax. Here’s how:
You must be logged in to post a comment.